Information on how to apply to the Celo Camp virtual accelerator program (the “Program”) forms part of these terms and conditions. By applying, applicants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions with the Accelerator. Applications must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
The accelerator is operated by Devstream Ltd. An Israeli company with its residence at Begin Road 121, floor 61, Tel Aviv, Israel ("Accelerator").
1. Applications are open to applicants who are 18 years or older (“Eligible Applicants”).
2. The Application Period is the period commencing on July 12, 2021 and ending on August 24, 2021 (“Closing Date”). The Accelerator accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected applications. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible applications will be deemed invalid. Applications must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Accelerator during the Application Period. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. To apply to the Program, Eligible Applicants must complete an application form by visiting www.upright.gg (“Program Website”) during the Application Period and following the links to apply.
1. Applications will be screened and assessed by a judging panel (the “Panel”) consisting of representatives from the Accelerator.
2. The Panel may advise third parties such as the accelerator mentors which will vote on the best application.
3. Any type of online voting done on the platform, shall not obligate the Panel and shall be regarded strictly as a recommendation.
4. At least 5 (five) Eligible Applicants will be awarded a placement in the Bootcamp (as defined below) and will be known as Finalists.
1. Finalists will participate in a startup Bootcamp that will last 8 weeks (see below) during the period from September 23, 2021 to November 19, 2021 run by Devstream (“Bootcamp”). Attendance and reports by Finalists at activities during the Bootcamp is mandatory unless otherwise stated.
2. During the Bootcamp, the Finalists will work with Devstream to refine and develop their ideas.
3. The Finalists will be rated by the Devstream community during the Bootcamp through an online voting mechanism.
4. The Panel shall select the Finalists taking into consideration the Devstream community voting.
5. Any type of online voting done on the platform, shall not obligate the Panel and shall be regarded strictly as a recommendation.
6. The selected Finalists will be announced by September 13, 2021.
1. 1st Place - The grand prize winner will receive $10,000 cUSD.
2. The 2nd place prize will receive $5,000 cUSD.
3. Up to five teams whose project embodies Celo’s community tenants will be rewarded with up to $2,000 cUSD.
4. CLabs - not Devstream - is the entity that is responsible for providing the prizes, which will be up to $25,000 cUSD.
5. All Prizes will be provided by cLabs. Devstream should not be held responsible for any dispute, delay, issues related to the subject.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
During the camp all teams will develop open source projects under Apache 2.0 license. Teams will be able to develop during the camp time but not as with the support of the camp other type of licensed projects. Prior to the camp we will define in a document what is the scope of development done in the camp and must be open sourced, this applies only for teams who participates in the camp and not on hacks developed during the pre-camp and application phase.
RIGHT TO VERIFY
1. The Accelerator reserves the right to verify the validity of applications and reserves the right to disqualify any applicant for tampering with the application process or for submitting an application which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or if the applicant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Accelerator’s legal and other rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. 2. Applicants must only enter in their own name. The Accelerator reserves the right to request the successful Finalists to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Accelerator’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency. If the documentation required by the Accelerator is not received by the Accelerator (or its nominated agent) or the applicant has not been verified or validated to the Accelerator’s satisfaction within the time requested, that applicant’s application will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency and application considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Accelerator.
CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY
1. The Accelerator acknowledges that the application is confidential. The Accelerator, it’s associated entities, mentors and advisors will have access to the Application for the purpose of validating and judging the application. The Accelerator may refer application information to entities associated with the Accelerator.
As a condition of applying to the Program, applicants consent to the Accelerator, using the applicant’s, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and general descriptions of the application in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publishing or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Accelerator. The selected Program Startups agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Accelerator and its agents that occurs during the course of the Program.
1. The Accelerator and affiliate entities (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Program, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any application that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Accelerator) for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Accelerator; (d) any tax liability incurred by an applicant, Finalist or any other party.
2. If the Program is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Accelerator including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, intervention by cLabs , Celo foundation or related entities, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Accelerator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any applicant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Program, as appropriate.
3. None of the Accelerator and its associated agencies and companies, (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) are responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to applicant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
4. Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions or the Program should be construed as a representation, warranty or guarantee from the Accelerator an applicant will be selected to participate in the Program and/or receive any investment, which will at all times be at the absolute discretion of the Accelerator and/or the Panel (as applicable) and subject to these terms and conditions.
5. Failure by the Accelerator to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.